- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by Andrew-Chornyy.
May 30, 2020 at 9:09 pm #5789seohelperKeymaster
I left SEO a long time ago but back in the day, the best tools used to be Ahrefs > SEMRush > Majestic.
I’m thinking of starting a new affiliate site and i’m looking to get one SEO tool to get started with as I really don’t think I need the 3 at the moment. If you could only pick one SEO tool, what would it be and why?
I still love the ahrefs keyword finder but SEMRush is looking very complete these days, not tested it out much though. Alternatively, there may be something new I dont know about.May 30, 2020 at 9:23 pm #5790NewDragonTeacher
I am so tired of seeing the same question on RedditMay 30, 2020 at 10:14 pm #5791doltron3030
SEMRush. Ahrefs’ rank tracking is booty.May 31, 2020 at 12:14 am #5792sydney-not-cindy
Why not try some trials for each tool? They might not be free, but you’ll be able to see which one suits your needs, which might vary from someone else’s. You’ll also be able to compare the data and see first-hand what each one offers.May 31, 2020 at 7:34 am #5793superdudism
I hate all the subscription-based tool and cloud-based tools requiring internet connection just to be able to open and can’t view your former data in them, which I may or may not use once very week or month. (I find them excessively unnecessary, as the scammy WeWork.)
I’m still using the former king of keyword desktop tool, **Market Samurai**. It has been around since 2009, and I have been using it consistently since 2013. I would probably consider this my BEST investment for SEO. It’s only a one-time fee around $100 (and even cheaper if they have deals going on). This is the only tool I basically use for keywords, and it has other built-in features that are free that you would pay a subscription for from other greedy tool providers.
Everybody is pushing these subscription-based, cloud-based, and RENTING (not OWNING) software so they can get their recurring affiliate commissions. OWNING is always so much better than RENTING, plus it’s a software not real estate, so you as an owner don’t have house maintenance. That’s pretty the case with Market Samurai, with it used to be talked about a lot and raved by marketers UNTIL these subscription products started coming out so it’s not enticing for them to promote these one-time cost products.
Overall, if these words are involved “subscription” or “monthly/recurring/yearly payments,” I avoid. I don’t mind paying for the updates when I find myself using the software again, but not when I’m paying every month and find myself only using it a couple of times a year.May 31, 2020 at 1:45 pm #5794pineappleninjas
For anybody asking the same question, I chose SEMRush.
Ultimately it came down to Ahrefs of SemRush, after trialling both, SEMRush was better.June 3, 2020 at 9:54 am #5795Andrew-Chornyy
From my experience, I can advise [**Plerdy**](https://plerdy.com). He includes:
– – **Heatmaps** – we see exactly where the clicks were on the website. All clicks on the website are recorded and displayed in real-time. Which helps to understand how users behave on the website.
– – **User Session Recordings**. Video recording can be watched through the admin panel. It’s very convenient and affordable to understand how your visitors behave on the site, how they interact with elements on the site
– – **SEO-checker** – a tool that continuously analyses your website SEO factors to provide regular notifications on changes. Checks keywords, titles, tags and attributes to define what can be optimized. It provides both aggregated and on-page statistics to evaluate your web resource.
– – **PopUp smart forms** – you can quickly create and show on the website different pop-up forms without developers and designers. Examples: The pop-up form for collecting leads from the website. Offer to the users when they shopping cart abandonment.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.