Forums Forums White Hat SEO Social Media 9000 profile visits this month, but only 300 new followers – What’s the issue with my Twitter account growth?

• 9000 profile visits this month, but only 300 new followers – What’s the issue with my Twitter account growth?

Posted by boosha_ on April 28, 2023 at 10:01 pm

Hi there! ????

I’ve been closely monitoring my Twitter account’s performance for the past month, and I’ve noticed something that has me a bit puzzled.
    I had a pretty decent number of profile visits (9300 to be exact) tweet views around 78k , but only managed to gain 300 new followers. ????

I’m trying to figure out what might be causing this, and I was hoping to get some insight from the community here.

Here are some details about my account:

I regularly post content related to AI.
    I have an activated blue subscription
    I try to engage with other users in the community (Not that much)
    I use relevant words (Not hashtags) and participate in trending conversations
    Despite these efforts, my conversion rate from profile visits to new followers seems to be quite low.

I have a few questions:

What could be the reason behind such a low conversion rate?
    Are there any best practices or strategies to help improve this?
    Could my content or engagement approach be the problem?
    Has anyone else experienced similar issues and found a solution?
    Any advice, tips, or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to learning from you all and thanks in advance! ????

boosha_ replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ISWThunder

April 28, 2023 at 10:14 pm

Impossible to say, because some percentage of that count may be existing followers or bots and, even then, it’s not an atrocious ratio of clicks to followers.

Twitter blue has also become a bit of a scarlet mark. People were potentially clicking your profile to see why you are “verified” with no intention of following you and potentially blocking you.