Forums Forums White Hat SEO 20 Days Old Blog with a DA score of 8

• 20 Days Old Blog with a DA score of 8

Posted by technfaith on April 21, 2023 at 7:24 pm

Hello fellow optimizers,

I would like to share my story with you guys to get feedback or suggestion or even network with professionals (if possible) in this community 🙂

So I have a domain that is now a few months old, and I used this domain to play with WordPress and try different things. 20 days back, I decided to start a blog and I used the same domain and set up a blog. Currently, this blog has 22 blog posts and is already approved with Adsense. I am also reposting my articles on Medium, Flipboard, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Twitter but have minimal or zero traffic, I am thinking this is because this blog is very fresh so I might have to wait for 2-4 months before I see good traffic.

Also, I see that my domain has a DA score of 8 as per SEMRush but my Google search Console still shows no data for keywords, backlinks, etc

So am I doing something wrong or am I just being impatient should I continue with my strategy of creating good lengthy content and keep making backlinks on the above-mentioned platforms?

or is there any other strategy that I should go for? I appreciate all the responses in advance, thanks 🙂

​

\*\*EDITS: I understand that 20 days won’t generate a good amount of traffic, my question is how does my strategy and distribution channels sound? Should I repost on more locations social media, social bookmark, or something else or should I just stick with my current strategy for now?\*\*

technfaith replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • cinemafunk

April 21, 2023 at 8:11 pm

Sigh. 20 days is nothing.

What do you consider “good traffic?”

Why do you think a website deserves “good traffic” after only being around for 20 days?

You’ve also haven’t stated what the topic/industry is.

>Also, I see that my domain has a DA score of 8 as per SEMRush but my Google search Console still shows no data for keywords, backlinks, etc

SEMRush is not Google. You cannot assume that one company’s proprietary algorithm is truly reflective of another company’s proprietary algorithm.

Is this site even indexed?

Yes, lots of impatience.

• jonimyhomie

April 21, 2023 at 8:31 pm

What is the topic / industry of your blog ?

• Blueskyforjulie

April 21, 2023 at 8:37 pm

20 days is absolutely nothing. And ignore DA.
    Those backlinks may give you a tiny amount of traffic if people click through but the SEO value is non existent.
    Stop looking at stats, keep focussed on creating excellent quality content. Revaluate traffic progress in six months.

• pilot333

April 21, 2023 at 10:25 pm

DA of 8 is nothing and DA is also a shit metric. Post again when you’re at 50

• Asadseo091

April 21, 2023 at 10:48 pm

Sir, I have High Quality sites also High Quality Backlink Sites

• availableusername50

April 22, 2023 at 12:47 am

Domain Authority is a non metric.

• benworthen

April 22, 2023 at 2:32 am

There are a lot of things you should/could be doing in addition to this.

Important: DA won’t necessarily translate to anything of value. And, every single page/post/lading spot can independently rank, and will be evaluated on its own for SERPs.

now.. the problem is that we don’t know enough to help you because you didn’t tell us much.

What does the blog do? Is it about building a business? showcasing you as a brand? offering insights to try to take advantage of an affiliate play? just a place for you to write things?

What is it you want to accomplish with it? What is your industry? Who are your natural competitors? What is the 3 year plan? Do you have actual subject matter expertise, or are you sort of winging it?

Ok..

***the most important thing you can possibly understand about a website as a business: treat it like a regular business.***

The days of gaming the internet or the search algorithm with keyword stuffing and 350 word “articles” is over.

If you are building for an audience – figure out what your audience is there for, and do that.

If you are doing a general blog filled with your musings – you are the product – build your personal brand.

If you are trying to sell something – don’t apologize for it but be one of the great ones from a content perspective and ask for the sales appropriately after adding value.

I’m not going to say “f0rG3t aB0uT BaClinKz” because that is stupid. Backlinks still matter, but I (or you) with the right content and the right keyword research can rank on “day 1” or very early on. If you are finding the right things to publish, and you are implementing best practices, it doesn’t take long to rank on first page.. but if you want competitive SERPs learn how to do outreach and produce exceptional content that matters and is valuable to people that may choose to link to it. to get those you will need legit backlinks.

Of course, using social and third party platforms can increase reach, and lead to value for traffic and conversion (whatever your conversion metrics may be).

Happy to spend 20 mins on the phone to tell you what to improve if you want a gut check audit.

Good luck either way.

Never forget to build it like it matters and like your retirement depends on it. Then you will get what you need out of it, assuming you are implementing best practices, and stay reasonable with your work applied versus your expectations.

• midsplit

April 22, 2023 at 11:39 am

DA isn’t something used by Google, making it irrelevant unfortunately. Just keep putting out good content, maintaining solid technical levels and you’ll get more traffic later down the road