Forums Forums White Hat SEO Social Media 2 week results on a new Instagram meme page

• 2 week results on a new Instagram meme page

Posted by seohelper on February 29, 2020 at 6:14 pm

After seeing the stories somewhere on Reddit, maybe here, about using memes to grow an an account to thousands very quickly I thought I’d give it a shot.

My niche is Real Estate and what it’s like to be an agent. So I created all new memes. I didn’t take other people’s work like some suggested. It was more work than I had hoped but I enjoyed it.

I don’t think I followed and I followed the volume of people they suggested. Also, my source for the follows was a major meme page, a trending hashtag in my field and a large company. It seemed impossible to know if I would be just refollowing the same people that I followed so I haven’t done a lot of unfollowing.

Currently I have 400 followers, net following 2094. I’ve probably unfollowed 150 people before I stopped but I’m not sure. It’s been 2 weeks with 40 posts. I used 27 relevant hashtags but I very rarely get a follow that I wasn’t already following. So I don’t know if there hashtags matter but I’ll play along. It also could be that my target audience doesn’t look at hashtags.

I posted 3 times a day for the first few days then went to 2.

I do take similar content and post to my stories and rerun my contact in stories just for more exposure.

I use Later to post, it just made the hashtags and planning easier. All of those memes start to look the same.

Early on I had 8% of the people follow back. Now it’s around 18% but that could be a longer tail effect where people from last week are noticing or me liking comments is causing them to look.

If I was in a larger niche I think it could have been later. I’m happy with the results.

I probably could have worked the following side harder but my goals aren’t the same as the other pages.

sgcolumn replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • WhoTookJapka

February 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm

Do.Not.Follow.Unfollow

• BlackisCat

February 29, 2020 at 9:29 pm

How do you feel these memes reflect on your real estate business though?

• sgcolumn

March 1, 2020 at 3:17 pm

Reasons why I gave up interacting on Instagram. I felt like my account got limited to certain views..