Forums Forums White Hat SEO 12 SEO Lessons I Have Learned After Examining Countless Competitors!

• 12 SEO Lessons I Have Learned After Examining Countless Competitors!

Posted by chick3nm4n on September 30, 2022 at 7:37 am

Cross post from the Just Start community

1. Most links are utter garbage, so don’t be intimidated by big numbers. When you start to break websites down, you’ll find that most links are rubbish. So don’t be intimidated by big link numbers in the tools.
    2. Most content is terrible. The chances are you can build far better content than what’s ranking online.
    3. Internal links are still one of the best sources of links, no matter what anyone says. It’s common sense to link to your own pages. Just don’t overdo it.
    4. Content velocity is now what most SEO is about. Publish more content, more aggressively and do it as your life depends on it. If it’s not written it can’t rank.
    5. You don’t have to publish perfect content the first time if you don’t plan on promoting it. It’s perfectly OK to publish lean content and when it ranks on page 2 or 3 in time, then upgrade it.
    6. Google is carving up the SERPS, they don’t want people to click on your site. But remember Google isn’t the only search engine. While they only have a small % of the market DuckDuckGo handles an average of 98.79 million search queries a day and is growing fast. Expect other search engines to be launched soon, making SEO future-proof.
    7. Product pages can and should be sales pages. Most product pages are awful, yet we know that better pages rank higher and convert better. Invest in good product descriptions.
    8. Don’t forget conversion and emails. Make sure you have a high-quality lead magnet and a follow-up email funnel. Grab those emails at every opportunity.
    9. Don’t waste your money on dog shit PR link-building campaigns that generate links from nothing but foreign sites. Instead, invest in real PR. Be the expert, get featured on TV, get people talking about you. Know the difference between REAL PR and the terrible link building disguised as PR.
    10. Create expected content and unexpected content. If I google tips for cleaning my computer, that’s what I expect to get. But you must also create content that I don’t expect, that intrigues me. It’s this content I see after I read the expected stuff, and it’s this content that makes me click on a second page.
    11. Leverage AI tools by asking yourself ‘how can AI help with this?’ Even if it handles intros and conclusions, it saves a lot of time.
    12. Smash ideas together to get fresh content topics. For example, superheroes smashed with SEO = “Stan Lee’s Content Creation Template That Will Make You A Better Writer”.

Any more lessons you learned in 2022?

​

Edit – check out my new sub r/seoridealong for seo growth!

chick3nm4n replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • bramburn

September 30, 2022 at 9:17 am

thanks for this, this is a good summary of my worries resolved in 12 points.

• Con_Clavi_Con_Dio

September 30, 2022 at 12:45 pm

This is an amazing post but I feel like I can add something to it –

**Make your copy easy to read.**

You can have the greatest information but it needs to be readable.

The bulleted list is hard to read which is possibly why you don’t have the number of upvotes you deserve.

• J3553R

September 30, 2022 at 1:09 pm

Oh they back spam posting again

• hayseed_byte

September 30, 2022 at 1:36 pm

I think everyone that follows this sub probably knows that they should be doing these things. A more helpful post would be *how* to do these things.

We all know our product pages should be good, our copy should be compelling,

• chick3nm4n

September 30, 2022 at 3:01 pm

I didn’t expect this to blow up. If you’re reading this, check out my new sub r/localseogrowth for content focused on local seo.

• Sniflix

September 30, 2022 at 3:28 pm

Good list especially about product pages and content velocity. I’d add social media, podcasts and videos – besides driving traffic, they show up well in search. Think of YouTube, social media sites and podcast platforms as search engines.

• BouncerankSEO

September 30, 2022 at 4:53 pm

All this is common sense, if you do SEO long enough lol like most “SEO pros” were use to doing SEO 15 years ago, when you could still “game google” I think as long as you act like a regular human being, and write for people and not search engines, I think you’ll be find.

• SEOPub

September 30, 2022 at 5:14 pm

You lost me at content velocity.

• moses101

September 30, 2022 at 5:39 pm

> Most content is terrible. The chances are you can build far better content than what’s ranking online.

this is extremely niche dependent. many niches have straight up awful results but high competition areas like b2b searches are pretty saturated with high quality material. the real ? is to find valuable niches before the competition arrives

• Few_Chance

September 30, 2022 at 7:53 pm

Any minute duckduckgo is going to take over.