Forums Forums White Hat SEO $10,000 Hold On My Account, Never Use Paypal For SEO

• $10,000 Hold On My Account, Never Use Paypal For SEO

Posted by JRoss824 on October 19, 2022 at 3:37 pm

I saw a post today referring to the usage of the payment software Stripe and all the negatives that come along with it, but there is a much bigger and badder monster under the bed and that is Paypal. Paypal is essentially a tyranny where anything they want goes and that’s the final word of the land.

When I first started my business I used Paypal as that was the only platform I really knew about I would say it’s the face of the payment software industry despite slowly losing ground these past few years. Nonetheless, things went pretty smooth at first as I was able to buy and sell with no problems, but then I was asked to switch to a business account so they could tax my transactions which to me still didn’t raise any flags and I thought was fair since I’m a legitimate business.

I continued using their platform until one day I got my largest payment ever which was $10,000 for a year of SEO services. Now I had been paid more for a year of SEO but never all at once and Paypal put a hold on my account saying it was too large a sum of money and they would release it to me in the next 2 months. Well, I had already started working and I needed this money for any tools I would need so I contacted them to have them look into it and see if my funds could be released early. The rep on the phone told me that would be fine I just need to fill out a review form with all my business information and I should be good to go since I’ve never had a dispute on my account before… BOY WAS THAT WRONG.

Paypal slapped me with a ban on their platform deeming my business model risky and now making me wait 180 days to release my payment despite being encouraged by the rep to make this appeal and not having a single refund on my account. I called in and each rep just told me there was nothing to do about it despite Paypal having its own SEO articles and the benefits of SEO.

It seems as though Paypal wanted to create a space in which only they can sell their own SEO services, and more so to make matters worse I received a recommendation from both indeed and LinkedIn to apply for their SEO manager spot no more than a week later. For anyone wondering I did receive my funds eventually but I had to have my client request a refund for the amount and mail me a check I never used Paypal again after that experience so be very careful because whatever PayPal says goes.

JRoss824 replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sundeath1982

October 19, 2022 at 5:04 pm

Also, dont ever say anything thats not popular. PP might just fine your 2500 dollar based on their discretion. Read their tnc.

• idropshipimnoah

October 19, 2022 at 7:37 pm

ya man support on amazon sucks to. give you misinformation and cant correct the problems they create. we are left to take in stride and ‘figure it out’. sending you good energy as its all I can do.

• Salt_Ad_9964

October 19, 2022 at 7:45 pm

Read the title and first paragraph just wanna say, don’t use PayPal for SEO orrr anything else, your correct it’s what they say goes and with the chargeback scammers, well PayPal doesn’t mind them, as long as they get their cut for fees and whatnot. Had two people chargeback, one of them actually had to discuss it with paypal first bc I made sure it cleared before handing over my service, but nonetheless PayPal charged it back. I have a account deficit bc I pulled the money out before PayPal stole from me, and will never pay it or use PayPal again for taking payments.

Edit: i was using it to sell websites I made on flippa, their support also reviewed our sale for me and determined that I had transferred everything I offered, therefore there was no reason for a chargeback, I was quite successful for a bit, but with the amount of times I got scammed I just switched to only accepting escrow payments after that.

• LibertySky

October 19, 2022 at 7:53 pm

Paypal became real scum as a service and a fucking hell of customer support!

I had similar issues with unmotivated blocking and totally useless support agents. So now I’m trying to avoid it at all costs.

• unitcodes

October 19, 2022 at 8:10 pm

what do you use or plan to use next?

• PortableBadger

October 19, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Awful PayPal experience here, don’t recommend them to anyone

• MarshallStack666

October 19, 2022 at 8:41 pm

Paypal is useful for only one purpose. If you can manage to do business for around 6 months without getting booted or having your money stolen by them, you can use those sales records to go to a real bank and apply for a real merchant account.

• drop180

October 19, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Had a similar experience. They withheld a large payment for no good reason. They have shitty customer service who basically never help instead just give vague answers.

• TheExG

October 19, 2022 at 9:02 pm

File a complaint with the CFPB, they might be able to speed up the process.

• reggeabwoy

October 19, 2022 at 9:41 pm

Let me start of by saying I hate PayPal l. I don’t have an account anymore and never will.

Unfortunately, any online payment provider would hold those funds. That’s 10k sent at one time, they have to report the funds to the IRS and come on, no one wants to be liable if that amount is charged back. Usually those funds are sent via Bank Transfer or paid by check so I can see how they see it as a huge risk and hold onto the funds for a while.

How many people send 10K through a single transaction through PayPal. Major red flag transaction. I don’t care how long you’ve had the account. But going forward that amount probably wouldn’t be held.

• KlutzyResponsibility

October 19, 2022 at 10:25 pm

May I ask: how long had you maintained the account? Was it linked to your bank account and to 1 or more credit cards?

Had my business PayPal account for about 20 years and not had one problem the entire time. Have friends who move $15k-$25k at a time selling vintage motorcycles; they too have never had any problems. Yet other folks seem to have nothing but problems.

• thesupermikey

October 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm

This has been true for 20 years. Never ever ever ever use PayPal for anything.

If you are running a business, get a business bank account.

• satanzhand

October 19, 2022 at 11:34 pm

oh the fun when they do refunds to liars, despite proof of happy delivery

• nycwebdesignnyc

October 20, 2022 at 12:37 am

They are gangsters and did that to me for 5k years ago.

• KazutoSama

October 20, 2022 at 12:54 am

You need to repost this on their google reviews. For everyone’s good, so that at least those who see it know what they’re in for.

Page 1 of 3