schmuberGuestOctober 14, 2021 at 4:08 pm
Cold emailing has an utterly low ROI, as it only converts low hanging fruits – businesses that already know that they need an SEO. All others will be “reading” these emails with del button.
Here’s what worked best for me when I first went freelance:
* Open Google Maps for your area
* Check every business listing within the X mile radius
* Some will have an obvious need for an SEO, others may even need a new website
* Find as much as you can about these prospects, including names of decision makers
* Make an audit, prepare some slides, put them on a thumb drive
* Have a projector and screen in your car, just in case
* Put on your business suit
* Walk in, ask for a meeting with decision maker.
Unlike emails, it’s much harder to ignore a man in a business suit. My conversion rate was in high 60s / low 70s, which is extremely high for cold SEO sales.