Forums Forums White Hat SEO 120 articles in 6 months and 45,000 monthly traffic

• 120 articles in 6 months and 45,000 monthly traffic

Posted by seohelper on November 16, 2021 at 8:35 am

Hi SEOs,

I worked on a client’s SEO project in 2019 where we published 20 articles each month for 6 straight months, and after 6 months the site was getting 45,000 monthly traffic.

– 15 articles were 1000 words each, and
    – other 5 were 3000 words each

3000-words articles were set up as pillar pages and 1000-words ones as supporting pages. Mostly, long-tail keywords were targeted for the first 3 months.

We got all the topic ideas (questions and long-tail keywords) from forums like Reddit and Quora. There was no manual backlinking process done but internal linking was aggressive (at least, 3-4 internal links in each article).

Same process of publishing 20 articles (5 pillar, 15 supporting) went on for the next 6 months, and when we checked Google Analytics they were getting 45,000 monthly visitors (earlier the site had 13 articles and 300 monthly traffic).

And, the best thing guys, recently I talked to one of their guys and he told me that now the site gets 170,000 monthly traffic. Fun fact, they have only published 5 more articles after our contract was over 2 years ago.

Guys, start creating more and more quality content, it definitely helps in the long run.

What are your thoughts on this? Any similar experience?

Thank you.

kipiloji replied 2 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • CriticalCentimeter

November 16, 2021 at 8:51 am

how does that stack up with conversions for the site? I recently took over a site that had loads of blog traffic (40k monthly) but none of the traffic was converting at all.

• Thejohnroony

November 16, 2021 at 10:09 am

I am SEO Developer as well as a content writer. I am working for clients and post the content weekly 5 with 3000 words and results in are amazing and no one can beat me.

• LumpyShock

November 16, 2021 at 10:32 am

what was the domain age OP before you started publishing content?

• Talkaws

November 16, 2021 at 10:44 am

Depends on the niche you are targeting. What niche was this website in?

• evotech229

November 16, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Does this work the same way with woocommerce products? Can i do exactly the same thing except instead i update product descriptions and specifications etc. to 1000-3000 words 5 times a week?

• jesustellezllc

November 16, 2021 at 12:46 pm

SEO is all about relevant and quality content. That’s awesome, seems like you figured out a winning strategy.

• spaceporter

November 16, 2021 at 12:49 pm

Can you explain the process of using 3000 word articles mixed with 1000 word articles?

• Subhodipd

November 16, 2021 at 12:58 pm

Please tell me more about it, have you guys shared those articles aggressively on online platforms, social media, etc?

• rsclmumbai

November 16, 2021 at 3:06 pm

OP how much did the exercise cost? Blog topic searching & ideation, Content creation, publishing, optimizing and interlinking & the team size?

• AdCrafty8720

November 16, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Hello,

Tell me please, you just published articles, or you advertised the website?

• VBGBeveryday

November 16, 2021 at 3:23 pm

Wow, that’s awesome. Great work!

​

>We got all the topic ideas (questions and long-tail keywords) from forums like Reddit and Quora.

Could you share a bit about your process for getting topic ideas from Reddit?

• OMG-17

November 16, 2021 at 4:48 pm

This is a great result. But unfortunately, any new google algorithm can randomly down traffic. That is unpredictable. People who spend a lot of money may be left with nothing. That is sad.

• kipiloji

November 16, 2021 at 6:52 pm

Great job and great insights for us thank you! What was your internal linking strategy like?

Did you support the pillar content by placing links on the 3 support contents only? How did you structure your internal linking strategy? Answers would be really appreciated.

• content_alrighter

November 16, 2021 at 7:28 pm

Sounds about right. Content/SEO people deliver so much value it’s not even funny

• NecessaryCar13

November 16, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Curious to see if you have analytics we can see?

Page 1 of 2