- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 months ago by bbax51.
November 16, 2021 at 9:34 pm #27431seohelperKeymaster
Hope you can give me some tips and Pros and Cons for SEO backlinks.
I have these following questions:
1) Paid Backlinks, can google penalize your website.
2) Is there to much seo you can do in one month, to much links in one month for google to penalize your website.
3) Do a website needs to take a break from backlinks if you run backlinks every month for 1 year long.
4) Is no follow links also required for a website to diversify SEao
5) What other tips and trick can you give me regarding SEO and backlinks.
My website is DR 64 and it was DR 71 2 months ago i saw all sites dropped in ratings.
Is there an formula for backlinks on a keyword to rank first on google in your country. Example:
Forex, KD is 67 and my site is ranking 45 in my country for that keyword, what formula or how many backlinks is necessary to be no 1
Thank you in advanceNovember 16, 2021 at 10:28 pm #27432Illustrious-Wheel876
Everything you just described falls into what both Google and Bing describe as a “link scheme.” This is essentially an effort to artificially inflate popularity in order to boost rankings.
The tactic is well known by both search engines who actively *attempt* to diminish the impact from such activities.
If detected, the most common action would be ignoring the links. Note that detection is rarely immediate so the links may help for awhile.
The next step if a case is especially egregious would be an algorithmic dampening on the site’s reputation which would further hurt performance.
The last would be a manual action which occurs when a human reviews your actions and determines that additional leverage is required on one or more pages, or the entire site. If this occurs, you will need to remove all of the links created as part of the link scheme to remedy the penalty. Overall, these are rare.
If you focus on building links to specific pages with keyword anchor text it would dramatically increase the likelihood of your link scheme being detected.
Note that search engines already know about the sites where links are easy to acquire. The links that would be the most valuable would be the ones you can’t manipulate.
Over time, links acquired naturally increase and in doing so naturally the risk increases along they way. And links also become more scarce so often people lower their standards to maintain volume. Once a pattern of manipulation is detected, often the algorithm will distrust links that perviously were helping. The effect can be a site falling off a cliff in terms of organic search performance. I’ve seen sites with manual actions where they have hundreds of thousands of problem links, that is a lot of clean up when the site crashes. Hence why you see so many expired domains with many links.
If you are acquiring links on behalf of a client for their site, it would be unethical to not explain the risks involved up front.November 17, 2021 at 10:45 am #27433bbax51
1. Not going to happen just because they are paid. Bunch of bad links can get you penalized even if they are not paid.
2. In terms of links, yes, there can be too much but only if you’re unable to maintain that velocity.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.