New TikTok business account – English vs. local language to avoid being buried?

Forum White Hat SEO Social Media New TikTok business account – English vs. local language to avoid being buried?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13953
    seohelper
    Keymaster

    Hi, we are a small **Czech company** and we thought we’d like to try creating funny/educational TikToks and Reels to further market our products which we are selling here + expanding to the EU.

    After creating our new TikTok account, we see that **90%** of our ***For You*** **feed is local** i.e. it is in Czech made by Czech creators. The rest 10% is super-successful English TikToks with millions of views, i.e. we see no international smaller-creator TikToks.

    **We would like to reach a global English-speaking audience**, but am I right in thinking that before TikTok pushes one’s videos to other countries, they **first have to be successful in their local** country, which for us is the Czech Republic? I read this online and our FYP kinda proves this.

    Making successful TikToks in English would be hard for us then because Czech TikTok users will prefer content in Czech and our English TikToks could get buried easily.

    I wonder **how can creators from non-English-as-a-primary-language-speaking countries be successful globally with their TikToks when TikTok is very country-specific**, as opposed to say Instagram where you can reach a varied audience far away from your home country (where you just happen to be located) right from the day one.

    #13954
    AutoModerator

    [Please keep in mind that all posts need to be of professional discussion](https://www.reddit.com/r/socialmedia/comments/ft6ghx/all_new_posts_need_a_flair_going_forward/). This isn’t a help desk. [If this post doesn’t follow the rules report it to the mods](https://www.reddit.com/r/socialmedia/about/rules/).

    *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/socialmedia) if you have any questions or concerns.*

    #13955
    EFurkan

    A year ago, we faced the same problem you face now. We couldn’t find a solution. We reached out to TikTok to solve it but they didn’t solve our problems properly but that’s what I suggest you, contact to TikTok Czechia. Maybe they can solve this problem now.

    #13957
    Sailorg00n93

    I’m trying to do the same from Canada to Latin America. From what I’ve found it’s difficult but try engaging in conversations and liking comments to drive people to you.

    #13956
    Laura1527

    You need a SIM card from the country you’re trying to reach. The card can be deactivated, tiktok will still detect the country and put your videos in that specific country.
    (It’s working and I’m currently posting videos in English from Japan with a U.S. SIM card. My audience is mainly from the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.

    #13958
    manyaknpk

    Try it trough a vpn. Set as your location the states and go on !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top