Forums Forums White Hat SEO PPC 0 effects – one month afer hiring an Google Ads agency.

• PPC

0 effects – one month afer hiring an Google Ads agency.

Posted by seohelper on March 8, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Hi folks,

we’re running an ecommerce website in eco-food/cosmetics space.

A month ago we hired an agency to run our Google ads, we have exactly 0 sales from ads.

Our budget is now set to ~$15/day so it’s not high but having zero sales seems like a red flag to me.

​

We signed up a 6-mo contract and I’m terrified that it’s an absolute waste of money.

I know it’s just one month and it takes time to optimize ads… Can you please tell me if this is normal or is the agency really not doing their job right?

Snoo_74446 replied 3 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Lukinzz

March 8, 2021 at 4:29 pm

There are so many variables including the offer, the landing page, the price, the targeting, etc. Any of those factors can be the culprit. But your agency should be telling you that.

• sab628

March 8, 2021 at 4:36 pm

Your budget is extremly small for Google ads. I used to invest 1500 USD / month and barelu broke even. A guy who ran a big agency told me you see results upwards of 10K a month, and that’s in my country ! I expect much bigger costs in the US

• kt90402

March 8, 2021 at 5:01 pm

How much do your products cost?

• westopher_robin

March 8, 2021 at 5:10 pm

If an average person is going to buy something, they’re going to need to see your ad several times before they make a purchase. So that’s going to take more than a month.

Also, what are your expectations for approx. $450 a month? Even the best agencies in the world would struggle with a budget that small, especially in the first month.

Think about how much $ you want to make a month. Do you think $450 is a reasonable investment on any platform to get you that?

Bottom line: do some research and find out how much your some of your competitors are spending and you’ll learn what a reasonable advertising budget is for your business.

• Raineko

March 8, 2021 at 6:34 pm

I just started a new E-Com store and after about $300 spent I already have 10 sales of a $40 product.
    I would say it really depends, but if your product and website is good, you should be able to see sales rather quickly.

• Barmy90

March 9, 2021 at 12:25 am

If you’re only spending $15/day then absolutely hiring an agency is a waste of your time. You have such a small budget that they can’t do any meaningful optimizations because you’re getting data at a snails pace. Not to mention that at that price point, you’re also probably paying more per month in fees than you are on traffic, which is a losing value proposition for you.

This isn’t the “agency not doing their job right”, this is you making a poor business decision. Your best options are to either try and get your money back, or properly fund your campaigns. Anything else will be a waste of both time and money.

• Wbachir

March 9, 2021 at 1:17 am

You should learn yourself to advertise on Google. It is pretty easy and straight forward.

• Snoo_74446

March 9, 2021 at 4:56 am

Why not just get a 2nd person to look at the account?